Women in the Church: Why I am an Egalitarian
Part 12: Suggested Resources
Here’s a list to get you started. It’s not exhaustive, but these resources have been helpful for me and provide a good introductory overview:
- Discovering Biblical Equality: Complementarity Without Hierarchy edited by Pierce and Groothius (Intervarsity Press, 2004).
- Partners in Christ: A Conservative Case for Egalitarianism by John G. Stackhouse (IVP Academic, 2015).
- Finally Feminist: A Pragmatic Christian Understanding of Gender by John Stackhouse (Baker, 2005).
- As Christ Submits to the Church: A Biblical Understanding of Leadership and Mutual Submission by Alan Padgett (Baker, 2011).
- Slaves, Women & Homosexuals: Exploring the Hermeneutics of Cultural Analysis by William J. Webb (IVP Academic, 2001).
The Shape of Practical Theology: Empowering Ministry with Theological Praxis by Ray S. Anderson(InterVarsity Press, 2001).
- Beyond the Curse by Aida B. Spencer (Thomas Nelson, 1985).
- Daughters of the Church: Women and Ministry from New Testament Times to the Present by Ruth A. Tucker and Walter Liefeld (Zondervan, 1987).
- Christians for Biblical Equality website. Includes a number of free articles, a bookstore, and other resources.
- Priscilla Papers: the academic journal published by Christians for Biblical Equality.